Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Parent Visit

Hi there,
Annette here--

With Jeff and I being so excited about being pregnant, I was trying really hard to be able to tell some people in person to watch their reactions. My parents had been praying for us for quite some time and so I decided that I definitely wanted to tell them in person.

So with much manipulation, my parents accepted my third proposed travel itinerary of when to come visit. My dad just bought a used diesel VW Beetle and was determined to drive it. My mom wanted to come in their diesel VW Passat. (50mpg vs 65mpg. Big difference to the rest of us huh.) Even until the week before they were coming, the trip was pending because of them disagreeing on which car to bring.

My sister decided that this trip was the best opportunity for her to send me her used baby supplies. My sister called my dad and told him that he had to find a graceful way to give into taking the passat because she had a lot of stuff she needed to send out to me. He grunted and asked what kind of stuff--my dad hates to haul stuff. My sister said "Baby Stuff." My dad said, "OH REALLY!" :) I think this was probably the first time my dad got to know about a grand child before my mom, so he went along with this. He made up a story to tell my mom (a very elaborate one!) and we continued to prepare the surprise for my mom. My mom was delighted that she had won the decision to bring the Passat.

With great delight, we post the following video of my mom's reaction to the news when she arrived for their visit:.


4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your mom's reaction! haha! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I LOVE IT!!! I miss you guys and your mom and dad too. Congratulations! How exciting. I'll email you a super cute baby countdown widget for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh funny...we can replay that for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she didn't believe you. :)

    ReplyDelete